Fidelis Medicare Advantage Plans
Fidelis Care is also known as the New York State Catholic Health Plan and began in 1993 as Catholic Health Services Plan of Brooklyn and Queens. Fidelis serves over 625,000 enrollees, and their plans cover a wide variety of New Yorkers, including their Medicare Advantage plans. Fidelis informational materials are currently pending approval by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, and therefore, information is subject to change for 2011.
Fidelis offers Medicare Advantage plans that include one or more of the following features:
- $0 monthly plan premium
- $10 co-pay for doctor visits
- $0 co-pay for lab tests
- $1 co-pay for preferred generic prescription drugs
- Thousands of doctors and hospitals within their network
Fidelis two popular Medicare Advantage plans are HMO services.
Fidelis Medicare Advantage Flex is an HMO Point of Service (POS) Plan with the following:
- $38.70 monthly plan premium in addition to the monthly Medicare Part B premium;
- In-Network services with a $6,700 out-of-pocket limit for Medicare covered services;
- In network inpatient hospital stays with a $1,100 co-pay for each Medicare-covered hospital stay with no co-pay for additional hospital days. There is no limit to the number of days covered by the plan each benefit period.
- Skilled nursing facilities: Days 1-100: $50 co-pay per day with up to 100 days each benefit period. No prior hospital stay is required.
- Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage* is provided with this plan.
Fidelis Medicare Advantage (without the flex option) is an HMO POS plan with the following:
- No monthly plan premium in addition to the monthly Medicare Part B premium;
- In network services with a $6,700 out-of-pocket limit for Medicare covered services;
- In-Network inpatient hospital stays with a $1,100 co-pay for each Medicare-covered hospital stay. Plan covers 90 days each benefit period
- Skilled nursing facilities:Days 1-100: $50 co-pay per day; Plan covers up to 100 days each benefit period; No prior hospital stay is required.
- Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage is provided with this plan.
* You may be able to get extra help to pay for your prescription drug premiums and costs. To see if you qualify for getting extra help, call:
1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY/TDD users should call 1-877-486-2048, 24 hours a day/7 days a week;
The Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. TTY/TDD users should call, 1-800-325-0778; or Your State Medicaid Office